Do you have an interest in business, entrepreneurship, technology, development, sustainability, language/culture or education in Hong Kong, China, and/or other Asian countries? Each year the Hong Kong Canada Business Association (HKCBA) in Calgary awards scholarships for students from the University of Calgary, Mount Royal University, and Bow Valley College to help turn their ideas into reality.
2022 Theme Candidates to submit a business proposal with leverage the Canada – Hong Kong advantage.
- First prize: C$3,000 (one) + one-year free membership
- Second prize: C$2,000 (one) + one-year free membership
- Third prize: C$1,000 (one) + one-year free membership
- In-kind: 2 one-year free HKCBA Calgary student memberships
Criteria for Selection
- The quality of the business idea, its innovation and originality, the likelihood of success and how it is presented.
- In addition, the judges will consider how well the business ideas exploit the advantages of Hong Kong as a strategic platform for doing business in Asia.
- Students from University of Calgary, Mount Royal University and Bow Valley College
- Must currently be enrolled in a part-time or full-time diploma, undergraduate or graduate program at the above-mentioned 3 institutions
- Interested in promoting or developing bilateral links in business, entrepreneurship, technology, development, sustainability, language/culture or education between Canada and Hong Kong, China, and/or other Asian countries
- A minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Preferably students who have participated in an international learning program (i.e. exchange, group study, internship etc.) or have traveled to Hong Kong, China, or other Asian countries.
Application Package Requirements
- Business Proposal
- Letter of Intent clearly stating your name, field of study, year of study, enrollment status, and how you meet each of the above-mentioned Criteria for Selection. This letter must include your career goals, how you intend to use the scholarship money if awarded and highlight 1 or 2 experiences that are relevant to the purpose of this scholarship
- Most up-to-date unofficial transcript
- Resume or CV
- Academic or professional Letters of Support.
Application package in one PDF file must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 31, 2022
The awards will be presented at the annual HKCBA Chinese New Year Gala in Calgary on Feb 10 2023
Scholarship recipients will be invited to the event to accept the award.