Do you have an interest in business, entrepreneurship, technology, development, sustainability, language/culture or education in Hong Kong, China, and/or other Asian countries? Each year the Hong Kong Canada Business Association (HKCBA) in Calgary awards two scholarships for students from the University of Calgary to help turn their ideas into reality.
Amount: $2,500 each (plus student membership in HKCBA (Calgary) for one year).
Number of awards: 2 awards per year to 2 students from the University of Calgary
Deadline: January 15th, 2019
Criteria for Selection
- Students interested in promoting or developing bilateral links in business, entrepreneurship, technology, development, sustainability, language/culture or education between Canada and Hong Kong, China, and/or other Asian countries
- Must be enrolled part-time or full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Calgary
- A minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Preferably students who have participated in an international learning program (i.e. exchange, group study, internship etc.) or have travelled to Hong Kong, China, or other Asian countries
Application Package Requirements
- Letter of Intent clearly stating your name, field of study, year of study, enrolment status, and how you meet each of the above-mentioned Criteria for Selection. This letter must include your career goals, how you intend to use the scholarship money if awarded and highlight 1 or 2 experiences that are relevant to the purpose of this scholarship
- Most up-to-date unofficial transcript
- Resume or CV
- 2 academic or professional Letters of Support
- Please submit your application package in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
The awards are presented each year at the annual HKCBA Chinese New Year Gala in Calgary, Alberta. The winning students will receive a complimentary ticket to the Gala and are expected to be present at the event to accept the award.