ANNUAL SECTION MEETING 2019
Jeff Nankivell, Consul General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao
Date: June 6, 2019 4:00-6:00 PM
BOW VALLEY SQUARE CONFERENCE CENTER
3rd floor of Bow 2 in the East tower of Bow Valley Square.
Annual Section Meeting (ASM) 2019
The Hong Kong – Canada Business Association (HKCBA) - Calgary Section and its Board of Directors invite members and guests to attend our Annual Section Meeting (ASM) on June 9 2019 Thursday at Bow Valley Club 370, 250 - 6 Ave S.W. Calgary. During the ASM, we will present our financial report for the year ending March 31, 2019 and will update our members of future activities.
Updates on Hong Kong/China Opportunities for Canadian Business
Mr. Jeff Nankivell, Consul General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao
- Mr. Jeff Nankivell became Consul General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao in August 2016.
- From 2011 to 2016, Jeff served as Director General responsible for Canada’s official development assistance in Asia, first with the Canadian International Development Agency and then with Global Affairs Canada.
- Jeff has been posted 3 times to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing: in the development assistance section from 1991 to 1995 and 2000 to 2004, and as Deputy Head of Mission (deputy ambassador) from 2008 to 2011. He is fluent in Mandarin.
- He also held various positions at the Canadian International Development Agency between 1988 and 2008, working on programs related to China, Russia, strategic policy and international financial institutions.
- Jeff holds an M.Sc. in political sociology from the London School of Economics, a B.A. in international relations from the University of Toronto, and a certificate (one-year program) in Chinese language and culture from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
|4:00 - 4:30 pm||
HKCBA - Annual Section Meeting
|4:30- 5:00 pm||Registration, Networking, Hors d'Oeuvres & Drinks|
|5:00 - 5.05 pm||
Welcoming Speech - Alex Henderson President HKCBA Calgary Section
|5:05 - 5:30 pm||Keynote Speaker: Jeff Nankivell, Consul General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao|
|5:30 - 6:00 pm||Q & A / Networking|
Annual Section Meeting 4:00 - 4:30 pm: Free
Keynote Presentation: Jeff Nankivell, Consul General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao
Member: $15 | Non-member: $35 Limited seats available. Please register ASAP!
Bow Valley club is located In Bow Valley Square, +15 And + 30 Levels, West Entrance.
Underground Parking is FREE after 4:30 pm. Get your parking ticket from the garage entrance and bring it with you to Bow Valley club for free parking validation.
For further inquiries, please contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.